Emergency Dental Care in Glenview
Do you have a toothache, broken tooth, or another dental emergency? Here at Gallery Park Dental, we are proud to offer emergency dentistry to the community in Glenview and surrounding areas.
Do I Need Emergency Dentistry?
Dr. Rogers and Dr. Gripentrog received extensive training in diagnosing and treating a wide array of dental emergencies during their residency at Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center in Chicago, IL, and throughout their careers. Both of our doctors and our team are knowledgeable and sympathetic when it comes to treating dental emergencies.
Common dental emergencies in Glenview might include:
- Tooth sensitivity, tooth pain, or toothache
- Broken, chipped, or fractured tooth
- Loose or shifting tooth
- Swelling, pressure, or a "pimple" by your tooth
- Discoloration or sores in and around your mouth
- Broken or ill-fitting dentures or partial dentures
- Jaw pain
If you are experiencing any of the issues noted or are suffering from dental pain, please give our office a call at (857) 250-1130. We offer same-day appointments during our regular office hours and an after-hours emergency line which will send your message directly to our doctors who will be back in touch with you shortly.
What Should I Do if I’m Experiencing Tooth Pain?
Dental pain can be one of the most debilitating and frustrating types of pain and often severely impacts your daily routine. It is important to maintain regular examinations with your dentist to try and identify and treat problems before they cause you pain.
However, some dental emergencies are simply unavoidable. If you are experiencing a dental emergency please follow the instructions below:
- Call our office as soon as possible at (857) 250-1130.
- Take over-the-counter (OTC) pain medications as needed.
- *Please read all medication labels carefully and take as directed, making sure not to exceed the maximum allowable daily dosage.
- **Please review any contraindications or medical interactions with a healthcare professional if you have any questions.
- If swelling is present, please place an ice pack in the area for 20-minute intervals
- (20 minutes on, 20 minutes off).
- If you have lost a crown or temporary restoration, you can usually purchase temporary dental cement from your local pharmacy to cover the area until you can be seen.
When Can I Make An Appointment?
We’re always available if you’re experiencing a dental emergency! If you are experiencing a painful or uncomfortable dental situation, let us know right away.
The sooner you let us know about your situation, the sooner we can get you in for an emergency dental appointment with Dr. Rogers or Dr. Gripentrog. We do everything we can to ensure our patients are seen the same day.