Meet Drew Gripentrog, DMD
Education & Experience
Dr. Drew Gripentrog completed his undergraduate education at the University of Iowa in Iowa City, Iowa with a major in biological sciences.
He went on to earn a Doctor of Dental Medicine degree from Southern Illinois University School of Dental Medicine in Alton, Illinois and continued his education by completing a one-year General Practice Residency at Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center.
There, he received advanced training in:
- General dentistry
- Oral surgery
- IV sedation
- Implant dentistry
- Special needs dentistry
Awards & Accolades
Throughout his career, Dr. Gripentrog has received many awards and honors including:
- Academy of Dentistry for Persons with Disabilities - Special Care Dentistry Award
- Annual MVP Value Leader award from Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center
- International Congress of Oral Implantologists Award
- Physician Star
Dr. Gripentrog strives to stay up-to-date with the latest advancements in the field and is committed to providing excellence in dentistry to his patients.
He serves as Section Head of General Dentistry in the General Practice Residency at Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center, where he also holds medical staff privileges. He is also an adjunct professor at UIC College of Dentistry.
In addition to various other study clubs and organizations, Dr. Gripentrog is a member of:
- American Academy of General Dentistry (AGD)
- The American Dental Association (ADA)
- Chicago Dental Society (CDS),
- Illinois State Dental Society (ISDS)
Dr. Gripentrog participates in many programs to provide care to underserved communities including:
- Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center – Mobile Dentistry Program
- Dental Access Days (Evanston)
- Dental missions trip to Jamaica
- Give Kids A Smile
- Night Ministry (Chicago)
Outside the Office
Dr. Gripentrog was born and raised in Crystal Lake, IL and now enjoys living in Chicago. In his free time, he enjoys traveling, attending sporting events and concerts, and spending time with family.